Saturday, March 6, 2010

Back In The Saddle Running

Info PR: n/a I: 1,130,000 L: 0 LD: error I: 82100Rank: 7 Age: Oct 12, 1999 I: 0 whoissourceRobo: yesSitemap: no Rank: 1447 Price: 1568437 Density
My trail running for the past 3 months has been nothing but a bummer until I realized that I should be thankful that I can still run.

I have been suffering from plantar fasciitus and a host of other out of balance injuries.  I even had a bout with carpel tunnel syndrome.

A friend of mine who used to be an avid runner turned me on to a book entitled "Pilates For Golf".  He used to run until he got hit with all the injuries that I am suffering with.  His body was basically out of balance.

He is golfing something like 3 times a week and never complains about anything except a cold from over playing golf and not sleeping enough!

I ordered the book and let me tell you that the stretching is out of this world.  When my friend Keith told me that it's the most used book in his 40 some years of existence, I concur!  This book really starts with the basic concepts of pilates and walks you through an easy to do routine that will help get your body back into great shape without killing you.




My running has been reduced to 3 times per week on mostly flat unpaved surfaces.  I am spending time doing yoga and pilates.

My run this morning was awesome.  I ran on the Alameda Creek Trail which has become my bench mark run every Saturday.  I met up with a long time runner friend Sue Corrie and 2 of her companions.  Let me back track.  I literally ran into her friend Gin and did not even know that they were friends.  Trail runners are small knit community, so we tend to know just about everyone.  When it comes down to it, the best part of running is the association that we keep.  We look out for each other and like know about each others families.  I feel like I have 2 more people in my extended runner family!

I am looking forward to a great recovery and getting stretched and loose.

No comments: