Saturday, October 9, 2010

My New Trail Running Shoes

Sometimes less is better even when it comes to trail running.  I have a pair of 5 fingers shoes made by Vibram and very soon I am going to give them a test drive.  I have run in just about every type of trail running shoes.  Most feel like 2x4's glued to a pair of shoes.  I am not going minimalist.

I have only wore them around the house.  It's going to take some getting used to.  I have to undue the damage of having shoes that are too supportive.   It's kind of like wearing a girdle to hide a fat belly.  The muscles go limp and eventually exasperate the problem.

I will be blogging about my results in real time when I get the nerve to try them on the trails!

I don't think this is a gimmick.   They look like feet.  My guess is that the feet God has given us are probably the best things for us.  I wonder what Michael Jordan's 5 finger basketball shoes would look like?

No comments: