Saturday, May 23, 2009

Run For Fun in the Fog

This morning I had the pleasure of sleeping in until 630 AM. I am running a trail marathon next weekend and I did not need a long run. It was cold and foggy out this morning which is fine for me since the cool weather is good for the body. My kids were still sleeping and my wife was out of town for a wedding. I was little nervous going for my run with my boys home alone. However, I have been running every Saturday morning since they were born and they have never needed me while sleeping. This morning was no different.

I decided to run up Morrison Canyon. It is by no means a hard run. It's just very steep! The run was only 5 miles.

I am so thankful that I am able to run virtually pain free. Running to me is still fun. It's one of the simple pleasures in life that I look forward to.

There were no turkey or deer this morning. Just me and the fog.



No comments: