Thursday, November 22, 2012

What's The Big Deal About Running Barefoot?

What's the big deal about running barefoot?  It's not a big deal if this is your reality.  The problem is  that we have been so conditioned to wearing over protective running shoe, that running without shoes is down right dangerous.  I  have stepped on goat head thorns, stung by bees, and blistered the bottoms of my feet because the pavement was too hot for my tender feet.

It's best to start out slow and run for a few minutes.  I transitioned into running barefoot using Vibram 5 Finger shoes.  These shoes are referred to as barefoot running shoes.  I don't care for the term since barefoot running is running without shoes.   What ever!


Use a shoe like the Merrell Trail Glove to get your feet prepared for running barefoot.













Another favorite barefoot running shoe is Luna Huarache Sandal designed and made by Bare Foot Ted.

No comments: