Thursday, January 22, 2009

A good Samaritan still exists

Earlier this week I had another adventure with my boys on our trail run. My 2 boys are known for their many crashes on their bicycles as I run. I feel like a traffic cop as I try to keep them out of trouble. For the most part, we avoid roads as these 2 boys are dangerous drivers.

The ride started out real good. As we made it close to our half way point, I heard a crash and saw dirt flying in the air. My youngest son had managed to wipe out again without actually hitting anything. A 12 year old boy bicyclist happened to be going in the opposite direction and he stopped to assist my son. I was very touched by this act of kindness. While Zachary was not hurt, it is comforting to know that people will stop and help those in trouble.

I thanked the young boy and told him that he is a very responsible kid.

We stopped for our usual picnic at the duck pond. I ran around the pond as the boys ate there mini picnic.

No comments: